Beware of Fraud
Scammers are targeting business and residential customers, and Santee Cooper does not want you to become a victim of fraud.
Many scammers threaten to turn off your power if you don’t pay immediately, or they’ll try to convince you to purchase pre-paid cards to make a payment over the phone. Others may have sophisticated phone systems mimicking Santee Cooper recordings or phone numbers.
Many times, they will have some information about you, hoping to catch you off guard and convince you to provide private information like social security numbers and bank or credit card accounts.
This is not how we do business at Santee Cooper. If you feel pressured, hang up and call a Customer Service Representative directly at 1-800-804-7424.
If you feel you've been a victim of fraud, you can report it here.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Santee Cooper will request your credit card information when you call 888-798-3785 or visit https://myservice.santeecooper.com/portal/One-TimePayment.aspx to pay your bill by credit card.
- Santee Cooper will request your bank account information when you go to myenergylinksc.com to pay your bill by electronic check.
- A Santee Cooper representative may ask you to provide the last four digits of your social security number when you contact the representative to inquire about your account – this could be by phone, email or on live chat at www.santeecooper.com.
- You should never provide your Social Security number, credit card number or banking information to anyone requesting it over the phone, online or at your home or business unless you initiated the contact and feel confident with whom you are speaking.
- You should verify it is Santee Cooper on the line. Hang up the phone and call Santee Cooper at 1-800-804-7424 to verify whether a customer service representative was trying to contact you.
- You should not feel pressured. We will never call you and demand immediate payment over the phone. If you are contacted by someone asking for payment after 5 p.m. on a weekday, during the weekend or on a holiday, it is not Santee Cooper making this call.
Customers can learn more here.