Santee Cooper COVID-19 Response
We at Santee Cooper want you to know your health and safety are our priority.
We are closely monitoring the new coronavirus outbreak (COVID-19) with the safety of our customers and employees in mind.
Public health advocates encourage all of us to practice “social distancing” to help limit the spread of COVID-19. With that in mind, Santee Cooper encourages you to use our online tools to manage your account. Our retail offices are open, but only accessible through the drive-through.
Additionally, Santee Cooper will not be disconnecting power for delinquent bills until further notice, while we are monitoring COVID-19’s impact in South Carolina. Please continue to pay what you can so that your bill doesn’t compound.
Here at Santee Cooper, we are:
- Encouraging working from home for those who can.
- Staggering shifts for generation, transmission and distribution crews.
- Minimizing common gathering areas, sending crews directly to work sites.
- Video and phone conferencing.
For email updates, sign up for our mailing list :
Beware of Scams
It’s unfortunate, but some people see times like these as opportunities to take advantage of the vulnerable. Here are some tips to help avoid being scammed:
• We will never call and demand immediate payment over the phone.
• Never provide personal information such as your Social Security number or banking information unless you initiated the call and are confident you are speaking to the right person.
• If you think you’re being scammed, hang up and call us at 1-800-804-7424.
You can also check back on this page for updates.
Santee Cooper will continue to provide you reliable service with every effort to deter the spread of COVID-19. Thank you for being a Santee Cooper customer.
#SCKids Homeschool Help
Facebook Live Schedule
- Monday – Job Shadowing (High School)
- Tuesday – Electrical Safety and/or Science Project (Elementary)
- Wednesday – Nature from Old Santee Canal Park (All ages)
- Thursday – Electrical Safety and/or Science Project (Elementary)