Santee Cooper COVID-19 Response
We at Santee Cooper want you to know your health and safety are our priority.
Public health advocates encourage all of us to practice “social distancing” to help limit the spread of COVID-19. With that in mind, Santee Cooper encourages you to use our online tools to manage your account. Our retail offices reopened June 1 with social distancing guidelines and extra cleaning practices in place. Our drive-through remains open.
Need Help Paying Your Bill?
Small Businesses may be able to find help through the CARES Act.
Frequently Asked Questions
We know this is a difficult time and we understand our customers may be having some financial hardship right now. We’re here to help. We encourage you to pay what you can so you don’t get too far behind. If you are having trouble paying your bill, please contact us so we can work together on a payment plan. If you need community assistance, visit SC211.org or call 2-1-1.
Please contact us as soon as you can if you don’t think you will be able to make your payment plan. Be sure to call before your due date to avoid disconnection. We will work with you to make adjustments based on your situation.
Yes, if you are able to pay more towards your payment plan, call us and we can apply the additional funds to your balance and make adjustments to your plan.
Yes. You can make payments on www.MyEnergyLinkSC.com. We recommend you use your checking account and routing number to avoid fees.
- Our drive-thru windows are open at this time.
- If you have to go out to get necessities, go to checkout.santeecooper.com to find a nearby retailer where you can pay your bill.
Small changes can make a difference. We recommend you keep your air conditioning at 78 degrees or above. Turn your water heater down to 120 degrees. Turn off any lights you’re not using. You can find more energy-saving ideas here.
We know reliable power and water are crucial. Santee Cooper is taking numerous precautions to make sure the electricity and water production continues uninterrupted. We’ve increased cleaning at all of our facilities. We are staggering shifts and have many employees working from home. To try to keep our team healthy, we’re separating employees who physically come in our facilities. Crews are smaller, staggered and not allowed to mix. Those who have to come into close contact have personal protective equipment. We’re doing wellness checks when team members arrive at our facilities. And nonessential employees are not allowed into generating stations.
Beware of Scams
It’s unfortunate, but some people see times like these as opportunities to take advantage of the vulnerable. Here are some tips to help avoid being scammed:
• We will never call and demand immediate payment over the phone.
• Never provide personal information such as your Social Security number or banking information unless you initiated the call and are confident you are speaking to the right person.
• If you think you’re being scammed, hang up and call us at 1-800-804-7424.
#SCKids Homeschool Help
Here at Santee Cooper, we are:
- Encouraging working from home for those who can.
- Staggering shifts for generation, transmission and distribution crews.
- Minimizing common gathering areas, sending crews directly to work sites.
- Video and phone conferencing.
For email updates, sign up for our mailing list :
You can also check back on this page for updates.
Santee Cooper will continue to provide you reliable service with every effort to deter the spread of COVID-19. Thank you for being a Santee Cooper customer.