Santee Cooper's rates are designed to recover costs and provide for future electric needs, rather than to earn a profit. We have no shareholders.
Our rates are designed in accordance with several guiding principles, which are to:
- Provide the revenue required to preserve the financial integrity of Santee Cooper
- Allocate costs to specific customer classes in a reasonable, equitable and defendable manner
- Support economic development, job attraction and retention that benefits all of our customers
- Develop rates that encourage customers to use electricity in an efficient manner
- Avoid undue price fluctuations
- Maintain a system of rates that is understandable to customers and not unduly burdensome to administer