Traditional incandescent light bulbs are a thing of the past.
That's because light bulbs are now required to last longer and be more energy efficient. You might pay more for energy efficient bulbs upfront, but the new efficiency standards were designed to save you energy and money over time. And there are more options than ever.
Some of the benefits of LEDs include:
- Greater Efficiency: LEDs produce more light and consume less energy per bulb.
- Longer Life: LEDs last as much as 20 times longer than incandescents.
- Greater Savings: LEDs cost more upfront, but they have greater efficiency and a longer life which means you can buy fewer bulbs and pay less on your power bill.
- Environmentally Friendly: LEDs are good for the environment because they use less electricity. They contain no hazardous materials and require no special disposal procedure.*
- Recyclable: LEDs are recyclable and do not have to be taken to a specific location for disposal.
* CFLs require a special disposal procedure. CFL Residential Disposal