Help Paying My Bill

For Households

The Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) provides home energy assistance to help eligible low-income households meet their home heating and/or cooling needs.

    • Utility Bill Payment Assistance
    • Energy Crisis Assistance
    • Weatherization & Energy-related home repairs

        Here is a list of Community Action Agencies by county where you can find help or call 803-734-0662 for more information.

        Many of these agencies are funded by Community Service Block Grants (CSBG), which are federal grants that help local community action agencies.

        If you don’t meet the criteria, call 211. 211 is a service provided by United Way that can help you find agencies in your area that may be able to provide assistance.

        For Businesses

        The Cares Act (Coronavirus, Aid, Relief and Economic Security) provides small business guidance and loan resources related to COVID-19.

        “Requires eligible borrowers to make a good faith certification that the loan is necessary due to the uncertainty of current economic conditions caused by COVID-19; they will use the funds to retain workers and maintain payroll, lease, and utility payments; and are not receiving duplicative funds for the same uses from another SBA program.”