Santee Cooper Powers South Carolina
Santee Cooper is South Carolina’s public power and water utility, the state’s largest power provider, and the ultimate source of electricity for approximately 2 million people.
What makes Santee Cooper special is our diverse and talented team, including more than 1,500 professionals throughout the state, that’s dedicated to our mission of being the state’s leading resource for improving the quality of life for all South Carolinians.
We work daily to achieve our mission by:
- Providing low-cost, reliable and environmentally responsible electricity and water services.
- Transforming our energy mix to be leaner and greener.
- Cultivating innovative partnerships and initiatives that attract and retain industry and jobs.
- Engaging stakeholders in important industry decisions.
- Providing excellent customer service.
- Being good neighbors, including donating our time and talents to help communities thrive.
As a public power utility since our inception in 1934, we are state-owned, not-for-profit, and invested in the wellbeing of our communities and state.
Learn more in our Fingertip Facts publication, and explore our stories by following #PoweringSC on social media.