Santee Cooper’s EVolve Grant Program is here to help you take charge of your electric vehicle project. The EVolve Grant Program allows eligible commercial customers to apply for up to $25,000 of grant funding to help you get started on your EV journey. A competitive scoring process will help Santee Cooper choose the top projects to receive funding.
Customers are encouraged to apply for EV projects in one of four project categories:
- Make-Ready Research
- Education & Outreach
- Electric Vehicle Charging Infrastructure
- Electric Fleet Conversion
For more information on these categories, see the program application in Step 1 below.
- Read our grant agreement, application, and supplementary documents before starting the application process to ensure that you qualify. You can find examples of completed applications in our FAQs.
Note: We are aware that there are currently supply chain delays and long wait times for EVSE equipment and EV orders. We encourage you to apply despite supply chain delays and request that you acknowledge the potential delays in your application (under the Project Timeline question on page 9 of the EVolve application). While our grant requests that you complete your project within one year, extensions will be given to approved projects that have reasonable delays due to supply chain issues.
- Once you have read all the program requirements, please fill out all applicable documentation for your project.
- All documentation and questions about the program should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
- All documentation must be submitted by September 30, 2022. Any applications not fully completed by September 30, 2022 will not be accepted.
- Santee Cooper will use an independent, third-party grant manager to review and score projects.
- Once scoring is complete and projects are approved, Santee Cooper will reach out to let you know if your project has been approved for funding.
- Project approvals and denials will be sent out by the end of December 2022.
Frequently Asked Questions
Santee Cooper has set aside $100,000 for EVolve grants in 2022. Each customer is eligible for a maximum of $25,000 of grant funds.
No. Funding for projects will go through a competitive scoring process that will be completed by an independent third-party.
Customers will have one year from the date of project approval to complete the project. Extensions may be granted on a case-by-case basis but are not guaranteed.
The amount of funding for projects is based on the project category, however preference may be given to projects that have secured matching funds. Please see the application for the maximum funding allowed for each project category.
Approved projects will receive funds upon the completion of the project and submission of all required documentation. At this time, projects are not eligible to receive any funds prior to the completion of the project.
No. Santee Cooper does not have any special EV rates for commercial customers at this time. Applicants are expected to understand the rates associated with their project.
Yes, please see our examples below.
Please see the application for a list of scoring criteria. Santee Cooper will use an independent third-party grant manager to review and score projects. Scores will be submitted to Santee Cooper who has sole discretion of funding.