Energy Savings Tips
Small changes in the way you use energy around your home and business can add up, saving you energy every day.
For My Home
- Set your thermostat at 68OF or lower during the cooler months
- Set your thermostat to 78OF or higher in the warmer months
- Run your dishwashers, washers and dryers during the coolest part of the evening
- Use LEDs
- Invest in ENERGY STAR® appliances
- Adjust water heater to 120OF
- Purchase and install a Smart Thermostat
- Tune up your cooling system if needed
- Turn off lights and other appliances you are not using
- Replace heat pump filters monthly
- Use power strips instead of plugging items in the wall
CFLs Residential Disposal procedure
CFLs require a special disposal procedure
For My Business
- Install more energy efficient lighting by replacing your current lighting with LEDs.
- Utilize new technology to light your space
- Switch your incandescent exit signs to LED exit signs.
- Replace appliances with ENERGY STAR® models.
- Practice preventative maintenance on your HVAC equipment, including:
- Cleaning HVAC regularly (including filters)
- Fixing any leaks
- Correcting any part of the unit that is not operating correctly
- Install Smart Thermostats
- Unplug any unused technology.
- Add automatic lighting controls, like occupancy sensors in restrooms.
- Ensure your air vents are clear of obstruction.