Home Energy House Calls

Do you ever wonder how you can make your home more energy efficient? A Santee Cooper Energy Advisor can come to your home and give you customized advice on how you can make your home more energy efficient and comfortable.  You will be provided with a free Home Energy House Call kit with products to get you started in making your home more energy efficient.

  • 2-LEDs
  • Weather stripping
  • Child proof caps
  • Switch gaskets
  • Outlet gaskets
  • 2-LED night lights
  • Rope caulking
  • Filter whistle
  • Water temperature card
  • Flat-head screwdriver
  • Children's energy-themed coloring book
  • Educational material
House Call Kit

What to Expect from Your House Call?

  • An Energy Advisor will make an appointment with you
  • A House Call takes about an hour
  • An Energy Advisor will look in and around home
  • An Energy Advisor will give you an energy efficiency kit and provide personalized recommendations

Please fill out form below to get a House Call scheduled.




Frequently Asked Questions

Yes, you can receive a House Call if you live in an apartment or condo.

In order to receive an energy efficiency kit, you must have a House Call appointment. During the appointment, you will receive a House Call kit and detailed information from a Santee Cooper Energy Advisor discussing the ways you can save energy in your home.

Contact Santee Cooper by email: residential.energy@santeecooper.com or call: Horry & Georgetown counties 843-347-3399 x3910 or Berkeley County 843-761-8000 x3910.

During the Home Energy House Call, you will receive two LEDs in your Home Energy House Call kit. Santee Cooper’s Energy Advisor may leave extra LEDs if you have a large number of high usage lights in your home.

You can prepare for the House Call by taking the Online Checkup, so you can discuss the results with your Energy Advisor. Before your Energy Advisor arrives, please make sure all cords are out of the way and animals are put away. Your Energy Advisor will only be able to complete your House Call if an adult is home and is able to sign the Homeowner’s Participation Agreement. 

You will need to complete and submit (mail, email or fill out electronically) the following or give it to your Energy Advisor when they visit your home.