We’re putting you in charge. Plug-in electric vehicles offer a clean, quiet, enjoyable ride. If you decide an electric vehicle is right for you, Santee Cooper can help you drive, charge and save with a rebate of up to $500* for a qualifying level 2 charging station.
EV Charger Rebate
Are you ready to join the EV parade? Let us help you make the switch with Santee Cooper’s Residential EV Charger rebate program. Santee Cooper residential customers can receive a rebate of up to $500* when purchasing and installing a qualifying level 2 EV charging station at your home.
- Read our requirements, terms and conditions before starting your project to ensure that you qualify! Requirements can be found on our Rebate Application for Level 2 Residential EV Charger.
- Select your favorite EV charger from the prequalified list below.
VersiCharge SG Residentail
Wall Connector (gen 1, 2, or 3)
- Level 2 EV chargers require a 240-volt power source. If you do not have a 240-volt power source where you are planning to plug in your charger, reach out to a licensed electrician* to install one for you.
- If you already have a 240-volt power source, talk to a licensed electrician to make sure the charger you are selecting will work correctly with your electrical system.
- Purchase and install the prequalified charger that you selected in step 1.
- Many stations have a plug-in and a hard-wired option. If you select a hardwired charger, we recommend getting help with the installation from your licensed electrician.
*Your electrician must have a South Carolina LLR Mechanical Contractors License with a minimum EL2 classification.
You will need to complete the Rebate Application for Residential Level 2 EV Charger and submit it along with the following to Santee Cooper:
- Photo of installed EV Charger
- Photo of receipts for the charger and any electrical work completed (including parts and labor).
- Copy of electric vehicle registration
- Copy of Contractor’s South Carolina LLR Mechanical Contractors License with a minimum EL2 classification.
|Mail or email to:|
Santee Cooper Energy Support Services
That’s all there is to it! Your rebate will arrive in the mail within 6-8 weeks.
Frequently Asked Questions
- No. In order for a charger to be rebated, it must be on the prequalified list.
- Santee Cooper does not currently incentives for purchasing EVs or discounted rates for charging EVs during off-peak hours. Continue to check back to our EV webpage for updated information on EV programs.
- Yes. Each customer can receive a maximum of two EV charger rebates.
- Santee Cooper recommends a plug-in option, but customers can purchase either option as long as it is on the prequalified list.
- Each charger manufacturer offers different plug options. Some manufacturers let you choose the plug type when you purchase. Some manufacturers have a standard plug and sell adapters. It is recommended that any customer with electrical questions contact a licensed electrician.
- The Tesla Wall Connector only works for Tesla vehicles. All other prequalified level 2 chargers will work with any major EV brand.
- Visit our EV information webpage at to find out more about the types of vehicles and charging.
Any participants of this program agree to allow Santee Cooper to access all data from the EV charging station, including but not limited to:
- Electricity consumption
- Charging station demand
- Length of charging sessions
- Time when charging sessions occur
- Type of vehicles plugging into charger
- Number of charging sessions per day
*Rebate is capped at 100% of the total cost of the charger + installation costs. $500 rebate level is limited to the first 50 residential projects submitted with complete documentation. After the first 50 projects, the rebate will be $250. See rebate application for full terms and conditions.