Navigate this section

Stop Service

If you’re moving out of our service territory, have these items handy to complete your stop service request.

lady unpacking boxes

You will need the following:

  • Account number
  • Social Security number, Passport number, FID or TIN
  • Stop service date (minimum request is next business day, excluding after business hours, holidays and on weekends)
  • Forwarding address for last bill
  • Stop service form / aplicación

My Energy link users can request to stop service in MEL.

You can also contact us at 800-804-7424 or, or visit one of our retail offices.

Only the account holder or their designated representative can stop service. Appropriate paperwork is required to process the request through an account holder’s designated representative.

Frequently Asked Questions

If yes, please contact us at 800-804-7424 to verify that all electric services have been de-energized before you begin the process of demolishing or physically moving the structure. We want to ensure the safety of all involved!